Principal Scientist/Sr. Principal Scientist - In-vitro Experiments
Dyno Therapeutics is reshaping the gene therapy landscape through AI-powered vectors. Through the application of our transformative technologies and strategic partnerships with leaders in gene therapy, we believe a future with life changing gene therapies for millions of people is within reach.
Our team includes world-class molecular and synthetic biologists, protein engineers and gene therapy scientists working alongside software engineers, data scientists, and machine learning experts to transform the landscape of available gene therapy capsids. Xconomy’s 2020 Startup of the Year, the 2021 NEVY Emerging Company of the Year and an Endpoints 11 Company!
Principal Scientist/Sr. Principal Scientist - In-vitro Experiments. Dedicated scientist and people manager with a strong background in virology and molecular biology or protein engineering. Rapid and reliable feedback from experiments are critical to improving our machine learning methods for capsid design. As the founding member of the Machine Learning Experiments Team, you will develop and lead a team in exploring new paradigms for machine learning and wet lab experimental design.
How You Will Contribute
As Principal Scientist/Sr. Principal Scientist - In-vitro Experiments, you will be responsible for building a highly impactful Machine Learning Experiments Team in collaboration with important stakeholders such as other R&D Leaders. As a founding member of the team, you will play an active role in recruiting additional members for the team as needed and establish the infrastructure of the team (both wet lab and dry lab). Your primary responsibility will be in helping Dyno to establish and deliver new in vitro libraries with actionable insights for Dyno’s cutting edge Machine Learning.
- Develop the Machine Learning Experiments team’s charter in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Build and expand the team’s capabilities in cloning, viral vector production, protein engineering, and in vitro assays to conduct rapid, closed loop experimentation for machine learning.
- Help establish the infrastructure (wet lab) of the team to interface and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Recruit, train, and grow top quality experimental scientists and researchers.
- Deliver timely, high quality results on a regular basis.
- Engage in creative problem solving to advance Dyno’s technology at the cutting edge.
Who you are
- Trusted partner
- Team oriented
- Strong communicator
- Thoughtful & detail oriented
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Thrives in a fast-paced working environment
- Innovative and bold
- Appreciation for opportunities at the intersections of data science and biology
- PhD in biological/chemical sciences, engineering or similar.
- 7+ years of laboratory experience.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Proven ability to manage people and projects effectively as well as communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Proven ability to design and plan complex experiments.
- Highly skilled in molecular biology techniques (e.g. expertise in at least one: DNA synthesis and assembly in library format, cloning, or protein engineering).
- Highly skilled in viral vector (preferably AAV) production and purification.
- Experienced in mammalian cell culture (aseptic technique, maintenance, transfections).
- Ability to analyze data rigorously and communicate results.
- Deep familiarity with protein structure, biochemistry or biophysics.
- Familiarity with virology.
- Experience with bioinformatics, statistics, or programming.
- Prior experience collaborating with computational scientists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time