Research Associate I/II - AAV Manufacturing
Dyno Therapeutics is reshaping the gene therapy landscape through AI-powered vectors. Through the application of our transformative technologies and strategic partnerships with leaders in gene therapy, we believe a future with life changing gene therapies for millions of people is within reach.
Our team includes world-class molecular and synthetic biologists, protein engineers and gene therapy scientists working alongside software engineers, data scientists, and machine learning experts to transform the landscape of available gene therapy capsids. Dyno was named Startup of the Year in 2020 by Xconomy, Endpoints 11 in 2021, and one of America’s Best Startups in 2022 & 2023 by Forbes!
Research Associate I/II - AAV Manufacturing. In-house AAV capsid production is essential to Dyno’s mission of capsid discovery to solve gene delivery. The high-throughput (HT) vector production arm of Dyno’s Manufacturing Team produces AAV capsid libraries for in vivo studies to enable capsid discovery and drive improvement of our machine-learning models. This work places you on the front-end of Dyno’s screening and validation pipeline. You will be a key member of the team that first generates AAV capsids that will unlock the promise of gene therapy for patients. We are looking for a researcher who is excited to contribute across upstream, downstream, and vector analytics (QC) operations - both running processes and working to improve them.
How You Will Contribute
As a Research Associate I/II - AAV Manufacturing in the HT vector production arm of Dyno’s Manufacturing Team you will primarily focus on running the upstream, downstream, and vector analytics (QC) processes and assays. You will work closely with other members of the team to ensure that the HT vector production operation runs smoothly. You will train others on existing and new methods as needed to further build the vector production community at Dyno. You will leverage knowledge from across the vector production to propose, test, and implement process improvements. Your efforts will ensure that Dyno’s vector production processes are robust and capable of generating AAV capsid libraries that meet in vivo study needs.
- Perform established AAV production, purification, and quality control protocols to attain consistent and reliable results
- Create and maintain proper documentation of SOPs and ELN lab notebooks
- Train others on new and established procedures
- Support development of AAV production, purification, and analytical methods for implementation into a standardized workflow
- Communicate process improvement ideas and support integration into standardized workflow when appropriate
- Maintain cultured cell lines to support large-scale AAV production
Who you are
- Thoughtful & detail oriented
- Trusted partner
- Team oriented
- Work with a sense of urgency
- BS/BA in biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or related fields.
- 2+ years experience in a research or industry laboratory setting, including hands-on work, exposure to research protocols, and techniques.
- Skilled in molecular biology analytical assays (e.g. qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, SDS-PAGE).
- Skilled in either mammalian cell culture (aseptic technique, maintenance, transfection) OR downstream purification of biologics (e.g. tangential flow filtration, ultracentrifugation, FPLC).
- Strong data interpretation and communication skills.
- Ability to conduct advanced procedures precisely and reproducibly.
- Ability to document, maintain and present an organized account of lab work and results.
- MS/MA degree in Biology, Biochemistry, chemical engineering.
- 1+ years of full-time, hands-on laboratory experience in an industry setting.
- Mammalian cell culture experience using hyperflasks or hyperstacks.
- Demonstrated experience with QC methods in assessing viral vectors (prior experience with AAV strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in the production, purification, and analytical evaluation of recombinant viral vectors (prior experience with AAV strongly preferred).
- Skilled usage of an ELN/LIMS (e.g. Benchling).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Dyno Tx and other biotech companies have recently been made aware of a growing number of email scams targeting job candidates in our industry. Our recruiters at Dyno use @dynotx.com email addresses exclusively. We do not ask candidates to purchase anything through us or to provide sensitive identifiable information via email (outside of a resume). If a person claiming to be a Dyno Tx recruiter with an alternative domain reaches out to you regarding a job posting, please report it to our team by emailing email@example.com with details.
Job Type: Full-time