Diamond Sales Expert - New York City
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 6, 2022
VRAI is one of the fastest-growing digital-first direct-to-consumer brands. Modernizing diamond jewelry through the exclusive use of sustainably created diamonds, VRAI has innovation, craftsmanship, and sustainability at the core of its products and values. A global business, VRAI has locations in Los Angeles, San Francisco, NY, Shanghai, Chicago, London, Madrid, and Copenhagen, with more locations on the horizon.
We’re excited to be looking for a Diamond Sales Expert to join our growing team. You’ll be a trusted advisor in the customer journey and play an integral part in growing the bridal jewelry business at VRAI.
This role is perfect for you if you thrive on building strong customer relationships and creating a memorable experience for life's special milestones. You love selling and diamonds that are created sustainably, and are excited to join a nimble team to in turn, help grow the VRAI brand.
- Consult with proposers, proposees, and couples online and in person on one of life’s pivotal moments -- purchasing an engagement ring or wedding band -- no matter whether clients are at the beginning of their journey and researching or ready to purchase
- Be a trusted advisor and assist clients with jewelry selection, diamond education, ring settings, metals, how to size a ring, returns policies, diamond upgrade policy, lifetime diamond warranty, ring lifetime care (resizing, re-polishing etc.)
- Act as an ambassador of the VRAI brand and our values
- Recommend diamonds based on customer preference, budget, and your unparalleled knowledge of the 4Cs
- Prepare personalized consults, demonstrating our sustainably created diamonds and VRAI jewelry, and follow up to close the sale
- Be sales-driven and a key contributor to company growth by managing your lead pipeline, nurturing and developing leads, and modeling sales-driven behavior for other team members
- Maintain a calendar of virtual and in person appointments, update daily sales tracking, track personal sales and store performance
- Create a genuine connection with clients, respond to customer inquiries within 1 business day
- Share customer, trend, and product feedback with the VRAI team to continuously improve the overall customer experience
- Collaborate with VRAI marketing and product team on product launches, in-store events, press days, activations, and influencer hosting
- Diamond expertise and jewelry experience required
- Certified Gemologist from a reputable institution preferred
- 3+ years of e-commerce or retail sales experience required
- Proven ability to close sales in a high volume environment
- Independent, motivated, and well-organized
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Compassionate, positive, patient, people-person
- Technologically savvy: familiar with Shopify, CRM, appointment scheduling, video conferencing, email
- Lives in the New York City area
- Available weekends
- Flexible - this is a start-up environment and it’s always changing
VRAI provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Additional Perks such as employee discounts are also available.
Some plans may not be available pending global locations however other options may be presented.
VRAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
To find out more about VRAI check out:
See more open positions at Diamond Foundry
Something looks off?