Principal Metrology Engineer - Surface Science
Duties for this position include:
- Characterizing novel and existing products and establishing critical performance parameters that feed back into production and R&D processes
- Taking ownership of existing instrumentation and leading expansion / customization of capabilities in accordance with company needs
- Driving and coordinating development of innovative metrology equipment and strategies from proof-of-concept to implementation into manufacturing
- Developing metrology automation concepts for throughput maximization and resource distribution optimization
- Effectively communicating results and recommending course of actionWorking across multidisciplinary teams to attack challenges ranging from demonstration of capability to production deployment
- Acting as point of contact and knowledgeable resource for area specific questions and/or challenges
- Partner with vendors to evaluate new metrology equipment and technologies / upgrade existing tools
- PhD with 4+ years or Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in Physics, Material Science, or Engineering from a top university is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of physical principles in the area of surface science / interface properties and ability to apply them in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Investigate material properties / challenges using appropriate diagnostic tools such as AFM, WLI, chromatic dispersion, SEM/EDS etc.
- Provide feedback to R&D related to chemical and material aspects of diamond manufacturing to achieve the precision and performance at sub-nanometer scale
- Proven track record in introducing new metrology equipment into a production line and establishing performance metrics
- Expert in data collection and analysis / interpretation, as well as presentation of experimental findings, DOE, SPC
- Proficient in measurement & analysis automation / scripting (e.g. LabVIEW, Python)
- Effective communication and ability to thrive in a cross-functional development team
- Have general knowledge of and/or exposure to semiconductor industry, process and/or metrology is a plus
- Position requires successful candidate to be onsite.