Principal Metrology Engineer - X-Ray Crystallography
- Characterizing novel and existing products using X-ray diffraction techniques and establishing critical performance parameters that feed back into production and R&D processes.
- Taking ownership of existing X-ray diffraction instrumentation and leading expansion/customization of capabilities in accordance with company needs.
- Effectively communicating results and recommending a course of action.
- Working across multidisciplinary teams and acting as a point of contact and knowledgeable resource for crystallography, crystal growth and X-ray diffraction-specific questions and/or challenges.
- Partner with vendors to evaluate new X-ray equipment and technologies, upgrade existing tools, and expand capacity/throughput.
- PhD with 4+ years or Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of relevant experience in Physics, Material Science, or Engineering from a top university.
- Expert level knowledge and proficiency in materials science and analysis by X-ray techniques, including single crystal diffraction and X-ray tomography.
- Strong background in crystallography and crystal growth.
- Expert in data collection and analysis/interpretation, measurement & analysis automation/scripting (e.g. LabVIEW, Python) as well as presentation of experimental findings, DOE, SPC.
- Effective communication and ability to thrive in a cross-functional development team.