- Project management: Oversee installation of facility utilities improvements and tools, and coordinate with stakeholders, contractors, and vendors to ensure the fastest path from arrival at the loading dock to being in production.
- Documentation, recordkeeping, and writing: Maintaining records for EH&S of chemical inventories, training, waste, and treatment systems. Preparation of SOPs and best practices advice for technical staff members.
- Construction and Installation: Implement simple facilities equipment and utility improvements as-needed for R&D and experiments. Set up structural supports, anchoring, and bracing for new tools and equipment.
- Troubleshooting: Analyze and debug issues with facilities equipment and utilities as necessary, including HVAC, process piping, plumbing, and electrical power distribution systems.
- Bachelor's in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Materials Science), Physics, or Chemistry.
- Desire to learn on the job in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office in preparing spreadsheets, Word documents, and presentations.
- Attention to detail and ability to take careful notes for future reference.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and P&IDs.
- Forklift and Scissor Lift qualification.
- Hazardous materials training/laboratory experience.
- Mechanical aptitude, "tinkering", and familiarity with hand and power tools.