Sr. Motor Control Engineer
- Manage project timelines and milestones.
- Create high integrity simulation models of electrical components and systems.
- Utilize models to explore parameter dependence and sensitivities to stretch the bounds of highly-efficient and powerful motor control.
- Debug and test embedded software and systems on the bench, at the dyno and in the field.
- Follow development cycle process including: bug / defect tracking and reporting; unit, regression, and user-acceptance testing; documentation.
- BS in EE, MS preferred, with at least 5 years of industry experience with advance control of electric motor and modeling.
- Deep knowledge of high-performance motor control algorithms and software including various formulations of field-oriented control and direct torque/flux control.
- Experience with motor / generators, power converters, energy storage subsystems and control algorithms is required.
- Electric motor, power system and control algorithm modeling and simulation experience (Simulink/Pspice).
- Implementation of control algorithms for electric motors and inverters in embedded C.
- Automotive powertrain experience(inverters).
- 32 bit MCU platform, preferably STM32 family and code composer.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processors required.
- UI and graphic UI design using Python or equivalent required.
- Hands-on debugging and logical problem-solving experience.
- Track record of project management/delivery to internal and external groups on time with required quality.
- Great communication skills (both oral and written) and a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic small-company environment.