Principal Metrology Engineer - Wafer Metrology
- Maintenance of existing as well as development and implementation of new metrology techniques for single crystal diamond for technological applications to support research and development (R&D) as well as production.
- Optimize and create recipes across various metrology tools.
- Developing metrology automation concepts for throughput maximization and resource distribution optimization.
- Partner with equipment vendors to evaluate new metrology equipment and technologies / upgrade existing tools/software.
- Conduct gauge R&R studies and implement control methodologies.
- Supporting continuous improvement efforts, managing and disseminate metrology data and supporting statistical process control (SPC).
- Perform detailed analytical studies on metrology data, prepare/present technical reports and recommend course of action.
- Working across multidisciplinary teams to attack challenges ranging from demonstration of capability to production deployment.
- Acting as a point of contact and knowledgeable resource for area-specific questions and/or challenges.
- PhD with 4+ years or Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of relevant experience in Physics, Material Science, or Engineering from a top university.
- Demonstrated experience in semiconductor industry/ wafer characterization.
- Experience in the area of metrology using atomic force microscopy (AFM), white light interferometry (WLI), chromatic dispersion, profilometry, film thickness measurements, wafer defect detection, microscope inspection, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), etc.
- Expert in data collection and analysis/interpretation and presentation of experimental findings, DOE, SPC.
- Proficient in measurement & analysis automation/scripting (e.g. LabVIEW, Python).
- Effective communication and ability to thrive in a cross-functional development team.