- Serves as an expert in planning, operating, and maintaining large and complex Electrical Power Control (EPC) and other building electrical systems including but not limited to; power distribution switchgear, automatic transfer switches, relay logic controls, fire alarm controls, and PLC systems.
- Design electrical control panels and document assemblies and systems including component selection, mechanical layout, schematic design, cabling, and project planning.
- Support existing equipment designs by identifying areas for improvement and leading design changes.
- Troubleshooting for industrial control/electrical systems including power supplies, controllers, sensors, PLCs, fieldbus communication, and other devices.
- Working with manufacturing technicians, plan and execute upgrades and retrofits to improve equipment reliability and process capabilities.
- Working on multidisciplinary teams to solve complicated problems.
- Provide training to post maintenance personnel on Electrical system operations and oversee the development of safety procedures and preventive maintenance guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in EE or a similar engineering discipline
- 5+ years of hands-on engineering experience
- Hands-on experience designing, testing, deploying, and troubleshooting control systems in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD (AutoCAD, Solidworks) and PCB layout (Diptrace, ExpressPCB) software
- Knowledge of PLC, Ladder logic, and Automation systems is preferred
- Experience with automation system sensors and safety systems
- Experience with industrial Fieldbus communication protocols, such as Modbus and EtherCAT Experience with typical electrical lab equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, power meters, frequency analyzer)Experience with RF systems is a plus
- Experience in Tableau, JMP, or other industry-standard SCADA and data visualization tools