- Operate the gas chromatograph (GC) to analyze gas streams.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs to minimize GC downtime and increase equipment availability and reliability.
- Create and maintain production, maintenance, and repair documentation and records as needed.
- Work with team members to initiate good manufacturing processes and continuous improvement projects.
- Analyze and quantify sources of variation in measurements and initiate projects to reduce variation.
- Communicate gas status and issues in a timely manner to team members and management.
- Work with suppliers to resolve quality issues that arise.
- Train personnel on equipment, maintenance, and safety practices.
- Assist other departments when needed.
- Shifts are variable to support production needs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or 3+ years of gas analysis experience required.
- Experience operating gas chromatography instrumentation.
- Familiarity with safe working practices for compressed gases and chemicals.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak both Spanish and English proficiently.
- Must be able to travel to the United States for training.
- Ability to perform critical tasks with a high level of accuracy and per procedures.
- Prefer someone with experience working in a Process Safety Management (PSM) or other regulated environment.
- Good computer skills, and MS Office suite (or Google Apps equivalent) familiarity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Documentation experience is a plus.
- No work restrictions: This position requires standing, kneeling, reaching, climbing ladders, and occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and weekends to meet production goals
- Manufacturing or Facilities experience is a plus.