Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing operational data and production metrics of our manufacturing line.
- Generating ideas for process or product improvements, and creating, tracking and evaluating experiments to test those concepts.
- Identifying correlations between key equipment metrics and product quality.
- Creating reports and visualizations of line performance for use by other engineers or management.
- Troubleshooting issues with the production line, creating working groups with a multidisciplinary team when needed for difficult challenges.
- Writing technical documentation to detail process changes.
- Introducing new products and processes to the line, including planning rollouts of new equipment resources and diamond products, tracking and evaluating qualification material, and managing production ramp-up.
- Position requires a successful candidate to be onsite.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- College degree in Material Science /Chemical Engineering, or similar field. Masters or higher degree preferred.
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing or production lab environment. 1-5 years of experience for Masters and 0-2 years for Ph.D. preferred
- Comfortable working hands-on with complicated equipment.
- Ability to extract and analyze data using tools such as SQL and statistical software such as JMP.
- Detail-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication and must be comfortable working closely with team members.
- Flexible, independent, and adept at working in a fast-paced environment.
- Firm grasp of concepts such as Six Sigma and Design of Experiments.
- Bonus knowledge in any of these areas: semiconductor wafer production and back-end processing, furnace-based material processing.
- Experience in the operation of process equipment
- Experience in fabrication processes/reactor growth environment is highly desired
- Knowledgeable about production quality metrics is a plus
- This position requires standing, kneeling, reaching, climbing ladders, and occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends to meet production goals