Principal Metrology Engineer - Crystallography
- Characterizing novel and existing products and establishing critical performance parameters that feed back into production and R&D processes.
- Taking ownership of existing instrumentation and leading expansion / customization of capabilities in accordance with company needs.
- Driving and coordinating development of innovative metrology equipment and strategies from proof-of-concept to implementation into manufacturing.
- Developing metrology automation concepts for throughput maximization and resource distribution optimization.
- Effectively communicating results and recommending course of action.
- Working across multidisciplinary teams to attack challenges ranging from demonstration of capability to production deployment.
- Acting as point of contact and knowledgeable resource for area specific questions and/or challenges.
- Partner with vendors to evaluate new metrology equipment and technologies, upgrade existing tools, expand capacity/throughput.
- PhD with 4+ years or Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in Physics, Material Science, or Engineering from a top university is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of physical principles in the area of crystallography and ability to apply them in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Expert in crystallographic techniques such as X-ray diffraction, X-ray tomography.
- Experience in introducing new metrology equipment into a production line and establishing performance metrics.
- Expert in data collection and analysis / interpretation, as well as presentation of experimental findings, DOE, SPC.
- Proficient in measurement & analysis automation / scripting (e.g. LabVIEW, Python).
- Effective communication and ability to thrive in a cross-functional development team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of crystal structure and electronic properties of carbon materials is a plus.
- Position requires successful candidate to be onsite.