Sr. Technical Program Manager - Wafer Engineering
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Diamond Foundry Inc. is the global leader in single-crystal diamond technology. We produce single-crystal diamond (SCD) wafers by crystallizing greenhouse gas into diamond using proprietary plasma reactors powered by zero-emission energy. Founded in 2012 in San Francisco, California by Stanford/M.I.T./Princeton engineers, Diamond Foundry Inc. received $315MM in funding and has had a multi-year track record of profitable fast growth.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Sr. Technical Program Manager to join our team to develop the Wafer Engineering products. The critical role will be responsible for overseeing and driving the successful execution of complex and technical programs, projects, and initiatives from conception to volume production. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in the wafer process and be proficient in managing cross-functional teams to deliver cutting-edge wafer products on time and within budget.
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams to plan, execute, and deliver technical programs and projects, ensuring alignment with overall business objectives.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project plans, including timelines, budgets, resources, and risk assessments.
- Drive the identification and resolution of technical and programmatic issues and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, across multiple disciplines to ensure seamless coordination and execution of program deliverables.
- Monitor and report on program progress, status, and performance metrics to stakeholders.
- Define and document product configurations and specification as well as process flows from R&D and volume production stages.
- Define with process/metrology owners the incoming and outgoing process/materials specifications and metrology needed. Negotiate with stakeholders to resolve differences. Review process/metrology data and verify process capability.
- Conduct regular program reviews, post-mortem analyses, and lessons learned sessions to continuously improve product performance and yield, program management processes and practices.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to team members, and mentor and coach junior program managers as needed.
- Master's degree in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or related technical field. Ph.D. degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in wafer process integration, technical program management, project management, or related roles in the semiconductor, HDD, or related industry.
- Strong technical background in wafer development and manufacturing, wafer processing technologies and tools including but not limited to CMP, RIE, wet etching and cleaning, PVD/CVD thin film deposition, and wafer metrologies.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency with MES, DOE/statistical data analytics and process control (DOE, SPC, APC, JMP or SAS), and FMEA/6-sigma/Lean Manufacturing methodologies and practices.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and delivering complex technical programs or projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and senior management.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Availability to work with team members both in person and in meetings and come to work on site 4-5 days/week.
Diamond Foundry believes in supporting our employees from the workplace to their personal and home life. We provide eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Perks include employee discounts to VRAI and catered lunches for onsite staff. All benefits offered are available starting your first day.
Diamond Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
See more open positions at Diamond Foundry
Something looks off?