- Leadership and Team Management: Managing a team of engineers and technicians, setting performance expectations, providing coaching and mentoring, and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Equipment Reliability and Performance: Ensuring equipment reliability, availability, and performance through regular maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis. Following Standard Operating Procedures and performing preventive and predictive maintenance programs to minimize downtime and maximize equipment efficiency.
- Budgeting and Resource Management: Managing equipment-related budgets, tracking expenses, and ensuring cost-effective utilization of resources. Collaborating with procurement and supply chain teams to optimize equipment procurement, inventory management, and spare parts availability.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensuring compliance with applicable local regulations and standards related to equipment safety, quality, and environmental requirements.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborating with cross-functional teams, such as production, maintenance, quality, and safety, to ensure smooth operation of equipment and alignment with production goals. Participating in cross-functional projects and initiatives to drive overall operational excellence.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintaining accurate documentation, records, and reports related to equipment performance, maintenance, and modifications. Providing regular reports and updates to senior management on equipment status, overall equipment efficiency, tool availability and production run success rate.
- Vendor Management: Collaborating with equipment vendors, contractors, and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of equipment, spare parts, and services. Managing relationships with vendors and evaluating their performance to ensure quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Safety and Compliance: Promoting a safe work environment and ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations related to equipment operation and maintenance. Implementing safety measures and protocols to protect employees and ensure safe equipment operation.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering discipline.
- 2+ years of engineering manager experience.
- Experience with manufacturing equipment.
- 3 - 6 months training in US is mandatory (<90 days per visit).
- Able to read, write, and speak both Spanish and English proficiently.
- Semiconductor or high vacuum manufacturing equipment experience is a big plus.
- Building advanced manufacturing equipment.
- Installing equipment in new factory and starting up production.
- Experience with one or more of the following: High temperature furnaces, metrology equipment, ultra high purity gas system, robotic and automation systems.
- 3D/2D CAD (Solidworks, Autocad, BIM).
- Understanding of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, and GD&T.
- Ability to read and edit control schematics and P&ID drawings.
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma experience .
- Experience working with control systems from troubleshooting various instrumentation to reading PLC code.
- Understanding of applied statistics and familiarity with data analysis in programs like JMP and Python.