Technologist - Fluid Dynamics
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 8, 2022
Diamond Foundry Inc. is the global leader in single-crystal diamond technology. We produce single-crystal diamond (SCD) wafers by crystallizing greenhouse gas into diamond using proprietary plasma reactors powered by zero-emission energy. Founded in 2012 in San Francisco, California by Stanford/M.I.T./Princeton engineers, Diamond Foundry Inc. received $315MM in funding and has had a multi-year track record of profitable fast growth.
Diamond Foundry is seeking an expert in fluid dynamics and reacting flow to advance its state-of-the-art equipment used for diamond growth. This individual will be a thought leader within the company and work to improve the gas systems in our plasma enhanced cvd reactors. They must have experience leading projects and teams with a strong track record of success and be comfortable with both computational and experimental methods used to analyze fluid flow.
Typical salary ranges for this position is $185k - $225k + position is eligible for company shares. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to a candidate’s job duties, experience, and expertise. We will also consider higher level candidates and salary will be adjusted accordingly.
- Expert level knowledge of compressible, high enthalpy, and reacting flows.
- Significant experience applying CFD and multiphysics tools (especially COMSOL) to analyze reacting flows like those found in plasma-based semiconductor and combustion systems.
- Experience with all stages of new product development: ideation, prototyping, and implementation.
- Experience developing and optimizing hardware for the control of fluid flows (nozzles, baffles, foils, etc.).
- Significant hands-on experience with and fundamental understanding of devices used to measure and control fluid properties (mass flow meters, pressure transducers, thermometers/pyrometers, anemometers, pumps, etc.).
- Experience designing components and assemblies in CAD (Solidworks). Ability to own and manage complex assemblies, and experience taking mechanical designs from R&D to manufacturing release.
- Experience with RF or microwave plasma systems is desired.
- Some familiarity with optical fluid flow characterization techniques such as PIV and optical emission spectroscopy is helpful.
- 10 years of experience in an industrial environment.
- PhD in aerospace, mechanical or chemical engineering or applied physics.
- A track record of creative problem solving and successful delivery of new products and system designs.
- Position requires successful candidate to be onsite.
Diamond Foundry believes in supporting our employees from the workplace to their personal and home life. We provide eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Perks include employee discounts to VRAI and catered lunches for onsite staff. All benefits offered are available starting your first day.
Diamond Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
See more open positions at Diamond Foundry
Something looks off?