IT Data Systems Administrator
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Diamond Foundry Inc. is solving the thermal limitation at the foundation of today's most exciting tech industries -- AI & cloud compute, electric-car power electronics, and 5G/6G wireless. We have managed to produce the world's first single-crystal diamond wafers and are now on a mission to put a diamond behind every chip. We are the rare unicorn that has grown fast and profitably. We received $515m in funding and are executing a multi-$B expansion plan for one of the greenest forms of tech manufacturing: converting greenhouse gas into diamond wafers using zero-emission energy.
We are looking for an ambitious, experienced, and hands-on IT Data Systems Administrator to take responsibility for administering IT systems and networking at Diamond Foundry across multiple sites and locations globally. You'll be an integral part of an experienced team of Hardware, Systems, and Networking professionals, and will be encouraged to gain experience in a variety of techniques and areas. The position at our Bay Area, California facilities will involve hands-on work with IT systems and technology. Travel between sites will be required.
- Systems: Manage virtual Hyper-V environment across multiple sites, locations, and network infrastructure.
- Security: maintain secure best practices across all systems and administrate security-related software.
- Backup and Recovery: Manage, maintain, and regularly test our backup and recovery process.
- Providing escalated diagnostics and resolution service desk support via phone, email, chats, etc
- Ensure all IT/OT equipment is operating as close to 100% uptime as possible
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or similar discipline (Experience can be a substitute for formal education)
- 5+ years of experience in systems or network administration
- 5+ years of experience in all or some of the following disciplines; Windows environments, security systems, RMMs, IdPs, vulnerability management, MDRs, and networking.
- Highly skilled in customer service and professionalism
- Effective at communicating data through text, graphics, and images to audiences of all experience levels.
Diamond Foundry believes in supporting our employees from the workplace to their personal and home life. We provide eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Perks include employee discounts to VRAI. All benefits offered are available starting your first day.
Diamond Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Diamond Foundry Inc. is committed to operating in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. Our commitment extends to ensuring that our manufacturing and engineering departments adhere to the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance. Additionally, these departments may have specific physical requirements to ensure the safety and efficiency of our operations. We prioritize the well-being of our employees and strive to create a work environment that promotes both legal compliance and the optimal functioning of our manufacturing and engineering processes.
Manufacturing and Engineering Departments Physical Requirements:
-Use appropriate PPE and follow all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
-This position will often: Sit, stand for long periods, walk, grasp, reach with hands and arms, lift below and above shoulders, bend, twist at the waist, climb, balance, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, see, use fine finger manipulation, and complete repetitive motions.
-Some tasks may require the use of ladders or stairs
-Some tasks may require driving or the use of foot controls
-Lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 pound
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.