Sr. Test Engineer - Semiconductor
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Diamond Foundry Inc. is solving the thermal limitation at the foundation of today's most exciting tech industries -- AI & cloud compute, electric-car power electronics, and 5G/6G wireless. We have managed to produce the world's first single-crystal diamond wafers and are now on a mission to put a diamond behind every chip. We are the rare unicorn that has grown fast and profitably. We received $515m in funding and are executing a multi-$B expansion plan for one of the greenest forms of tech manufacturing: converting greenhouse gas into diamond wafers using zero-emission energy.
We are seeking an experienced Test Engineer for power electronics to join our team. As a Power Electronics Test Engineer, you will be responsible for a range of tasks, including design, testing, troubleshooting of test hardware and software, test project planning and execution for test and characterization activity in both R&D and implementation test solutions in mass production environment. This role involves significant hands-on and lab bench work, ATE experience.
- Utilize Altium PCB design software to create schematic drawings and PCB layouts, ensuring accuracy, reliability, and manufacturability.
- Conduct board-level testing and troubleshooting, utilizing your expertise in testing power electronics.
- Perform hands-on lab bench work, including component selection, soldering, assembly and system integration.
- Create and present technical design reviews and qualification documentation.
- Designs develops and implements cost-effective testing methods for analog and mixed-signal power management semiconductor and module products adhering to Automotive standards and customer requirements.
- Work with power electronics module and apps design team to understand design specifications and DFT proposals.
- Create test programs in C, C++, Visual C++ etc.. language, debug and validate power products on ATE.
- Design test interface hardware for ATE including mechanicals.
- Innovate to improve the robustness of the test solution and improve the cost of the test.
- Supports and is responsible for sustaining and continuous improvement of production tests for multiple products.
- BS, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years related industry experience, 3 years of hands-on experience in test engineering for power electronics, with experience in AC-DC or DC-DC testing and MSEE.
- Experience with Altium PCB design software and SolidWorks.
- Strong experience and skills with regards to Power Electronics testing such as power MOSFETs (SiC) IGBT, FRD, etc. software C, C++ programming.
- ATE experience on Mixed Signal Tester preferably on ASL1K , ETS-88, Teradyne and similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Joining our team as a Power Electronics Engineer offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge projects in the field of power electronics. If you have a passion for electrical controls, power electronics, and automotive applications, along with experience in Altium PCB design software, SolidWorks, and hands-on lab bench work, we encourage you to apply and become an integral part of our dynamic team.
Diamond Foundry believes in supporting our employees from the workplace to their personal and home life. We provide eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Perks include employee discounts to VRAI. All benefits offered are available starting your first day.
Diamond Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Diamond Foundry Inc. is committed to operating in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. Our commitment extends to ensuring that our manufacturing and engineering departments adhere to the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance. Additionally, these departments may have specific physical requirements to ensure the safety and efficiency of our operations. We prioritize the well-being of our employees and strive to create a work environment that promotes both legal compliance and the optimal functioning of our manufacturing and engineering processes.
Manufacturing and Engineering Departments Physical Requirements:
-Use appropriate PPE and follow all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
-This position will often: Sit, stand for long periods, walk, grasp, reach with hands and arms, lift below and above shoulders, bend, twist at the waist, climb, balance, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, see, use fine finger manipulation, and complete repetitive motions.
-Some tasks may require the use of ladders or stairs
-Some tasks may require driving or the use of foot controls
-Lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 pound
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.