Financial Planning Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Diamond Foundry Inc. is solving the thermal limitation at the foundation of today's most exciting tech industries -- AI & cloud compute, electric-car power electronics, and 5G/6G wireless. We have managed to produce the world's first single-crystal diamond wafers and are now on a mission to put a diamond behind every chip. We are the rare unicorn that has grown fast and profitably. We received $515m in funding and are executing a multi-$B expansion plan for one of the greenest forms of tech manufacturing: converting greenhouse gas into diamond wafers using zero-emission energy.
As we continue to expand our business, we are looking for a proficient and collaborative Financial Analyst to join our growing US-based Accounting & Finance team. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a solid foundation in data-based accounting and possesses strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills and will have a daily, ongoing impact on financial reporting and data evaluation.
The objectives of this role are to support the company in optimizing its financial reporting systems, assist in month-end close, financial analysis, and financial reporting activities and ensure compliance with national and local financial regulations.
- Evaluate financial performance through the analysis of financial results and forecasts.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting, including automated tools.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with planning, budgets and forecasts.
- Develop financial models to support valuation, planning and forecasting, including presenting recommendations to management and executives.
- Evaluate historical, current, and market financial data & trends to discern the company’s financial condition and contribute to strategic business decisions.
- 3-5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience.
- BA, BS, or B.Com degree required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics).
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Experience working with and presenting to, executive level management.
- Preferred skills include proficiency in Google applications and MS Suite, experience with NetSuite Accounting Software, possession of FMVA or similar designations, and an MBA is a plus. Preferred major fields include Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics.
Diamond Foundry believes in supporting our employees from the workplace to their personal and home life. We provide eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Perks include employee discounts to VRAI. All benefits offered are available starting your first day.
Diamond Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Diamond Foundry Inc. is committed to operating in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. Our commitment extends to ensuring that our manufacturing and engineering departments adhere to the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance. Additionally, these departments may have specific physical requirements to ensure the safety and efficiency of our operations. We prioritize the well-being of our employees and strive to create a work environment that promotes both legal compliance and the optimal functioning of our manufacturing and engineering processes.
Manufacturing and Engineering Departments Physical Requirements:
-Use appropriate PPE and follow all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
-This position will often: Sit, stand for long periods, walk, grasp, reach with hands and arms, lift below and above shoulders, bend, twist at the waist, climb, balance, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, see, use fine finger manipulation, and complete repetitive motions.
-Some tasks may require the use of ladders or stairs
-Some tasks may require driving or the use of foot controls
-Lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 pound
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.