Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Diamond Foundry Inc. is solving the thermal limitation at the foundation of today's most exciting tech industries -- AI & cloud compute, electric-car power electronics, and 5G/6G wireless. We have managed to produce the world's first single-crystal diamond wafers and are now on a mission to put a diamond behind every chip. We are the rare unicorn that has grown fast and profitably. We received $515m in funding and are executing a multi-$B expansion plan for one of the greenest forms of tech manufacturing: converting greenhouse gas into diamond wafers using zero-emission energy.
Diamond Foundry is seeking a skilled Payroll Accountant to join our growing Finance & Accounting team. This role will support and contribute to the overall growth of the organization, and will be an integral part of the operational and financial process. The ideal candidate is a team player with a solid foundation in payroll accounting and payroll regulations. This person possesses strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills and will have a direct & daily impact on financial transactions and operations.
- Assist with payroll processing for multiple entities’ payroll cycles, partnering with finance and HR to ensure the accuracy of deductions, taxes, and allocations.
- Maintain and update employee payroll records, ensuring confidentiality and accuracy.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, including account reconciliations and journal entries along with financial audits.
- Ensure that systems, policies, and procedures adhere to company and regulatory policies, while operating with accuracy and timeliness.
- Contribute to the enhancement of internal systems and procedures.
Required skills and qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or a related field with over 4 years of accounting experience, including significant knowledge in payroll accounting. (Experience with global payroll is a plus)
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving abilities. Capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Possesses experience with accounting software and online platforms, with a preference for proficiency in NetSuite. Additionally, has multi-state experience, including researching local state laws and compliance.
- Proficient in Google applications and MS Suite.
Diamond Foundry believes in supporting our employees from the workplace to their personal and home life. We provide eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Perks include employee discounts to VRAI. All benefits offered are available starting your first day.
Diamond Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Diamond Foundry Inc. is committed to operating in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. Our commitment extends to ensuring that our manufacturing and engineering departments adhere to the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance. Additionally, these departments may have specific physical requirements to ensure the safety and efficiency of our operations. We prioritize the well-being of our employees and strive to create a work environment that promotes both legal compliance and the optimal functioning of our manufacturing and engineering processes.
Manufacturing and Engineering Departments Physical Requirements:
-Use appropriate PPE and follow all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
-This position will often: Sit, stand for long periods, walk, grasp, reach with hands and arms, lift below and above shoulders, bend, twist at the waist, climb, balance, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, see, use fine finger manipulation, and complete repetitive motions.
-Some tasks may require the use of ladders or stairs
-Some tasks may require driving or the use of foot controls
-Lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 pound
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.