Manufacturing Process Engineer - Surface Finishing
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Diamond Foundry Inc. is solving the thermal limitation at the foundation of today's most exciting tech industries -- AI & cloud compute, electric-car power electronics, and 5G/6G wireless. We have managed to produce the world's first single-crystal diamond wafers and are now on a mission to put a diamond behind every chip. We are the rare unicorn that has grown fast and profitably. We received $515m in funding and are executing a multi-$B expansion plan for one of the greenest forms of tech manufacturing: converting greenhouse gas into diamond wafers using zero-emission energy.
We are looking for an ambitious and hands-on Manufacturing Process Engineer to take responsibility for Sustaining, Ramping & Improving Lapping, Polishing and Grinding processes and technologies that will help us make our diamond surface finishing technology even better. You'll be an integral part of an experienced team of mechanical, electrical, and materials engineers, and will be encouraged to gain experience in a variety of techniques and areas. The position in our Fremont facility will involve hands-on work with Polishing and Cleaning manufacturing equipment as well as design, execution, and interpretation of Manufacturing process data.
- Personally operating, collecting data, and analyzing performance of Surface Finishing equipment, continually looking for ways to improve.
- Writing SOP’s & training new hires.
- Identifying root cause failure analysis of low yielding Manufacturing runs, Publishing/Presenting reports and implementing corrective actions.
- Studying then Effectively communicating interdependencies of Upstream process variation on surface finishing processes and recommending a course of action.
- Working across multidisciplinary teams to attack challenges related to production ramp.
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of relevant experiences in preferably Lapping, Polishing or Grinding.
- Knowledge of Lapping, Polishing and/or Grinding manufacturing equipment and associated components Experience with Surface Measurement Metrology equipment, WLI, AFM is a plus.
- Experience in statistical data analytics (DOE, SPC) and hands-on experience with Polishing setups.
- Effective at communicating data through text, graphics, and images to audiences of all experience levels.
- Effective communication and ability to thrive in a cross-functional manufacturing team.
Diamond Foundry believes in supporting our employees from the workplace to their personal and home life. We provide eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Perks include employee discounts to VRAI. All benefits offered are available starting your first day.
Diamond Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Diamond Foundry Inc. is committed to operating in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. Our commitment extends to ensuring that our manufacturing and engineering departments adhere to the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance. Additionally, these departments may have specific physical requirements to ensure the safety and efficiency of our operations. We prioritize the well-being of our employees and strive to create a work environment that promotes both legal compliance and the optimal functioning of our manufacturing and engineering processes.
Manufacturing and Engineering Departments Physical Requirements:
-Use appropriate PPE and follow all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
-This position will often: Sit, stand for long periods, walk, grasp, reach with hands and arms, lift below and above shoulders, bend, twist at the waist, climb, balance, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, see, use fine finger manipulation, and complete repetitive motions.
-Some tasks may require the use of ladders or stairs
-Some tasks may require driving or the use of foot controls
-Lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 pound
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.