Sr. Product Designer (UI/UX)
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
VRAI is one of the fastest-growing digital-first direct-to-consumer brands. Modernizing diamond jewelry through the exclusive use of sustainably created diamonds, VRAI has innovation, craftsmanship, and sustainability at the core of its products and values. A global business, VRAI has locations in Los Angeles, San Francisco, NY, Shanghai, Chicago, London, Madrid, and Copenhagen, with more locations on the horizon.
The Senior Product Designer will own UX & UI design for our digital experience. In this role you will partner with our Ecommerce, Engineering, and Brand Creative teams to design innovative digital experiences that drive value for our customers, optimize site conversion, and elevate our brand. You will help identify the largest customer problems in the digital experience, design new experiences to solve those problems, and test design prototypes with users. If you’re looking to join a team that is passionate about customer-focused, data-driven, and elevated design—then read on!
- Design digital experiences across UX & UI for vrai.com that translates a multi-step, complex purchasing journey into an intuitive and simple customer experience that supports both customer & business goals
- Ensure the website’s UI is consistent and elevates our brand through elegant and sophisticated design principles, including partnering with Brand Creative Team on asset selects and use of renders
- Create user flows, prototypes, and mock-ups of new experiences and facilitate user research to gather qualitative feedback and iterate on designs
- Collaborate with Ecommerce and Engineering to propose key areas that can be enhanced, align on requirements, review performance of new features, and discuss iterations based on data
- Partner with developers to bring new designs to life including producing final specs, maintaining a design system, and supporting QA to ensure we only launch the highest quality experience
- 7+ years of experience in product design across UX & UI at an Ecommerce company
- You have an eye for elevated design. Experience with luxury a plus
- Ability to think through, plan, and design for the complete customer journey. Must be able to take both a holistic approach as well as execute the details for each step along the way
- Ability to empathize with customer and ensure we are always solving customer problems in a way that meets the needs of the business
- Demonstrated effectiveness with visual communication through typography, imagery, and color guidelines from a brand style guide
- Advanced understanding of responsive design principles & UX/UI best practices
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS that informs design and interaction decisions
- Experience with prototyping and running qualitative research to identify customer insights and incorporate into design decisions
- Strong communication skills to enable cross-functional collaboration
- Familiarity with Figma & Google Drive
VRAI provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Additional Perks such as employee discounts are also available.
Some plans may not be available pending global locations however other options may be presented.
VRAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
To find out more about VRAI check out: