Senior Engineer System Test Automation
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 12, 2021
At Dexterity, we’re building robotic automation systems to perform pick-place-pack tasks in warehouses. Our end-to-end automation systems use intelligent software to enable human-like dexterity in commodity robot arms. Such intelligent robots will deeply impact the logistics industry and help realize a step change in logistics automation and supply chain productivity.
Dexterity is one of the fastest growing and best funded startups in the robot manipulation space. Come join our team of robot-obsessed engineers and help make intelligent robots a reality.
About the Role:
In this role you will be responsible for delivering high reliability distributed robot applications after doing comprehensive testing. Building upon Dexterity’s service platform these applications control robot operation, integrate with customer systems, provide operational metrics and system status to both the customer and Dexterity, and provide integration with customer systems.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
● Define system test strategy for various milestones for multiple parallel releases
● Develop functional, stress and performance test cases, execute those on robotic systems in a production-like setting and document observed issues after doing the triage
● Develop automation scripts/tools and improve automated test infrastructure for subsystem and system level test coverage
● Work closely with product, development, test and customer support teams to ensure the comprehensive test coverage and the observed issues resolution
● Drive ongoing hardware and software product quality improvement efforts based on various real-time metrics
● Assist customer support team to debug and resolve customer reported problems (software/ electro/ mechanical) and enhance future test coverage
● Help improve the overall human-robot interaction experience adhering to the safety standards and engineering best practices
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● BS or higher in an engineering discipline related to robotics (CS/EE/ME etc.)
● 5+ year of experience working as Software Quality Assurance Engineer
● Experience in developing test cases and testing of distributed/embedded systems
● Experience in script development and building automated test infrastructure
● Strong sense of ownership, customer focus and debugging skills
● Ability to travel and work at customer sites in some situations (<10%)
● Organizational skills to track multiple simultaneous release test cycles and correlate test results
Base pay is one element of our Total Rewards package which may also include comprehensive benefits and equity etc., depending on eligibility. The annual base salary range for this position is from $150,000 to $190,000. The actual base pay offered will be determined on factors such as years of relevant experience, skills, education etc. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
This position periodically requires working in a warehouse environment where the robotic systems are deployed.
● Loud work environment with temperature changes due to seasons.
● Ability to lift 30lbs or heavier with assistance.
● Ability to be on feet and walking around warehouse for majority of the day.
See more open positions at Dexterity
Something looks off?