Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 12, 2021
As a Robotics Engineer, you will actively be developing robot control software and infrastructure that spans the entire stack of low level mechatronic hardware to high level vision systems. You will work on algorithms and state machines involving robot motion and planning, perception, feedback control, signal processing, and much more. You will oversee the deployment of your work on the field, and develop measures to introspect and upgrade the things you build. In order to thrive in this role you have experience working with production robotics data pipelines: dataset creation, analysis, training and validation.
What we do
At Dexterity, we believe robots can positively transform the world. Our breakthrough technology frees people to do the creative, inspiring, problem-solving jobs that humans do best by enabling robots to handle repetitive and physically difficult work.
We’re starting with warehouse automation, where the need for smarter, more resilient supply chains impacts millions of lives and businesses around the world. Dexterity's full-stack robotics systems pick, move, pack, and collaborate with human-like skill, awareness, and learning capabilities. Our systems are software-driven, hardware-agnostic, and have already picked over 15 million goods in production. And did we mention we’re customer-obsessed? Every decision, large and small, is driven by one question – how can we empower our customers with robots to do more than they thought was possible?
Dexterity is one of the fastest growing companies in robotics, backed by world-class investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Obvious Ventures.
Day to Day Activities:
- Collaborate with developers, fellow engineers, project managers, clients, and other stakeholders to understand the requirements and scope of the robotics project.
- Design, program, test, and debug software for robots and robotic systems.
- Ensure that robotic machines operate safely, dependably, and with precision: identify and implement modifications.
- Develop software for computer vision applications & robotics control.
- Integrate machine learning methods with robotic applications.
- Develop novel controllers for multi-robot & human-robot collaboration.
- Develop planning algorithms for safe operations.
- Incorporate customer requirements into robotics system design.
- Education in computer science, electrical engineering, robotics or related field.
- Thorough understanding of robot kinematics, dynamics and control.
- Proficient in C++ & Python with experience writing libraries.
- Strong math, physics (kinematics, dynamics), and analytical skills.
- Understanding of modern robotics and state estimation techniques preferred.
- Familiar with real-time systems and large-scale scalable software architectures.
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures.
Base pay is one element of our Total Rewards package which may also include comprehensive benefits and equity etc., depending on eligibility. The annual base salary range for this position is from $100,000 to $170,000. The actual base pay offered will be determined on factors such as years of relevant experience, skills, education etc. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.