Senior Hardware Test Engineer
Day to Activities:
- Use engineering requirements to create target metrics and testing plans across all phases of the development process, from prototype to production, including verification, validation, integration, quality, certification, reliability.
- Provide reliability requirements and expertise early in the design process.
- Perform and maintain Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Design test setups required to perform the required testing.
- Write requirements for test scripts and work with software test engineers to develop and prove these scripts.
- Perform pre and post-test inspections, document inspection processes and results, and train engineers and technicians to perform these inspections.
- Own the root-cause analysis of failed field-deployed modules.
- Lead discussions with design/development engineers to incorporate test results into future development.
- Support required testing for Dex hardware certification for different countries (e.g. UL, CE certification).
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Degree or related Engineering field.
- Experience in Hardware functional testing, Reliability testing, mechanical/electrical engineering experience with increasing roles in both IC and managing projects/teams.
- Strong mechanical/electrical engineering analytical skills.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (any modeling package).
- Basic GD&T knowledge and experience creating 2D drawings.
- Strong knowledge of FMEA principlesFamiliarity with electrical design and integration (cable harnesses, wiring diagrams).
- Experience collaborating with external manufacturing partners; pneumatic systems.