Senior Sales Manager
Block is a renovation platform transforming the $450 billion renovation industry. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials into a streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include Softbank, New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau, Giant Ventures, Obvious Ventures, MorningSide Ventures and more.
Employees come to Block for the opportunity to work in a rapidly scaling tech start-up that remains steadfastly dedicated to its employees, its culture, and constant iteration and improvement.
We’re searching for a Senior Sales Manager who can lead and mentor an amazing team of Project Planners (Account Executives) to deliver a world-class sales experience to hundreds of customers each month. As a pivotal member of our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to sales strategy, foster team development, and have a direct impact on our company's growth efforts. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a fast-growing technology company and ultimately set a new standard in the industry.
Role & Responsibilities
As the Senior Sales Manager, you will:
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of Project Planners to achieve and exceed sales targets and customer satisfaction goals.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and professional development opportunities to team members to foster continuous improvement and growth.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies and tactics that align with the company's goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize the sales process, ensuring seamless client interactions from initial inquiry to project completion.
- Monitor and analyze sales metrics and performance data to identify areas for improvement and take proactive measures to drive results.
- Foster strong relationships with clients and partners to ensure a deep understanding of their needs and preferences.
- Leverage feedback from clients and team members to identify areas for improvement in our processes, products, and services.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to provide insights and recommendations that contribute to the company's overall growth strategy.
- Participate in discussions related to product development and marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive Sales experience, including at least 3 years as a people manager, and preferably in a high-growth startup or in the home renovation industry.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and motivating sales teams to achieve and exceed targets.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to evolving business needs.
- Passion for innovation, exceptional client experiences, and contributing to a collaborative team culture.
- Interest and experience in Design/Construction/Home Improvement/Real Estate a plus
The Senior Sales Manager must be able to work on-site in our Brooklyn, NY headquarters at least 2 days per week.
This is a full-time position reporting to the VP of Sales. Block wants all employees to be supported in their personal and professional development, so we take a comprehensive approach to compensation and benefits. The initial annual OTE for this position is expected to range from $130,000 to $175,000. This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary and target commission ranges for a NY-based position. Actual compensation will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, knowledge and skills, qualifications, location, and other job-related factors.
To further support your growth at our company, Block also offers the following:
- Earn equity in an early stage high-growth company
- Subsidized health insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage
- 12 weeks universal fully paid family leave
- PTO and company holidays
- 401k retirement savings plan with matching employer contribution
- HSA with employer contribution & FSA plans
- Employee discount on renovation services
- Budgeted learning and development stipends
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
Block is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and we encourage our employees to participate as their authentic selves in our work environment. We strive to build better for all, towards a more open, inclusive space. Come as you are.