Maintenance Supervisor - 3rd Shift
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and supervise maintenance functions, personnel, and issues in support of a rapid expansion plan
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process, setting processing variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, studying methods, implementing cost reductions, developing reporting procedures and systems, facilitating corrections to malfunctions, initiating, and promoting cooperation within and between departments
- Monitor and maintain maintenance standards for efficiencies, continuous improvement, safety, and quality
- Responsible for the equipment of manufacturing, distributing, and maintaining safe quality food by following good manufacturing practices, food defense, HACCP, and SQF requirements
- Manages maintenance plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, and reporting results of the processing flow on shift summaries
- Manage constraints to maximize OEE, fulfilling preventative and predictive maintenance programs, root cause analysis, BBSO’s, and driving corrective actions
- Identify maintenance training needs and work with departmental managers to implement the Company’s training goals and requirements and review the maintenance team’s performance
- Drive awareness in creating and maintaining a safety-first culture
- Supervise and motivate the maintenance team while being proactive in providing feedback opportunities for team members and requesting feedback on leadership
- Adhere to all facility policies concerning safety, security, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Perform other assigned tasks as needed
- Lead, manage, and supervise technicians, conduct training for all processes within the production setting
- Provide mentorship and training to functional team members
- Accountable for developing talent through on-going performance feedback and career management coaching
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- Associates degree or technical degree from a trade school and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment preferred
- Three years’ maintenance related experience; food manufacturing experience preferred
- Five years’ experience managing a team. Ability to foster a culture of cooperation and respect
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus, not a requirement
- Valid driver’s license
- Background in industrial, mechanical, and electrical systems preferred, ability to read PID and electrical schematics necessary
- High degree of competency in the application of motor drives, gearboxes, and pneumatic systems
- Basic understanding of refrigeration systems
- Preferred experience with Vemag, Spiral Freezers, Packaging Machinery and other highspeed food production equipment
- Strong electrical and PLC troubleshooting skills
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, step, balance, crouch, stoop, kneel, squat, bend, must be able to lift minimal 50 lbs. consistently, reach above shoulders, or as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks.
- Need to be comfortable working at various heights.
- Position located in a mix of production environments and requires a tolerance for consistent cold work environments (-10-40˚ F), high worker traffic, loud noises, odors, dust, and varying external temperatures.
- This position will be required to visit the production floor, refrigerated and frozen storage warehouses.
- Work will consist of climate control work areas, along with varying outside temperatures. Work flexible shifts as required.
- Understand that overtime and occasional weekends and/or worked holidays will be required based on company needs.