Quality Assurance Supervisor
People & HR, Operations, Quality Assurance
Columbia, MO, USA
Posted on Friday, February 19, 2021
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Beyond Meat is focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and the employee experience. The Quality Team is a matrix organization within Beyond Meat that is dedicated to creating food products that are leading the gold standard in plant-based proteins. They are looking for an outstanding individual to join the team located in Columbia, MO as a Quality Assurance Supervisor.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for production processes, materials and products. This position supervises our Quality Techs to ensure that proper protocols, documentation and production and sanitation oversight are meeting Beyond Meat standards.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with executive management on proactively improving quality assurance program
- Champion and maintain quality and food safety initiatives to monitor and document product, facility, and worker compliance at the manufacturing site
- Interface with all regulatory agencies, certification bodies, and customers and ensure compliance of manufacturing facilities
- Support production at manufacturing locations in producing top quality products that meet internal specifications
- Develops and maintains standards and methods for routine quality inspections and evaluations
- Assists the quality team in developing and maintaining procedures and work instructions
- Oversees root cause investigations and collaborates on corrective and preventive actions
- Creates and manages training materials for Quality Techs and train new Quality Tech hires
- Oversee plant pest control program and actively work with pest control provider on corrective actions and investigations
- Review quality records for completion, accuracy, and adherence to internal specifications
- Maintains and account for product and raw material holds and disposals
- Provide necessary documentation or knowledge for internal and external audits
- Work with team on proactively improving the quality department and production facility
- Adhere to all facility policies concerning safety, security, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
- Lead, manage, and supervise employees, delegate training for all processes within the Quality area setting
- Provide mentorship and training to functional team members
- Accountable for developing talent through on-going performance feedback and career management coaching
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or Microbiology preferred, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered
- Thorough knowledge of GMP, FDA/USDA and Food Safety, SOP's, SQF, knowledge of LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) desirable, AOAC
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment preferred
- Leadership skills, focused on results, employee engagement, decision making, teamwork.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong PC skills includes MS office programs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, step, balance, crouch, stoop, kneel, squat, bend, occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs., reach above shoulders, or as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks.
- Position located in a mix of production and office environments and requires a tolerance for consistent cold work environments (-10-40˚ F), high worker traffic, loud noises, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures.
- This position will be required to visit the production floor, refrigerated and frozen storage, and warehouses.
- Work flexible shifts as required.
- Understand that overtime and occasional weekends and/or worked holidays will be required based on company needs.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
For all U.S. based roles: Applicants must be authorized to work for a U.S. employer. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship at this time.