Quality Assurance Technician
Devault, PA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Beyond Meat is focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and the employee experience. The Quality Team is a matrix organization within Beyond Meat that is dedicated to creating food products that are leading the gold standard in plant-based proteins. They are looking for an outstanding individual to join the team located in Devault, PA as a Quality Assurance Technician.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician has the primary role in ensuring all food products produced meet requirements of regulatory bodies, customers, and the Company. The Technician completes all documentation related to direct food production, product packaging and labeling, food quality, food safety, etc. This position is responsible for enforcing and maintaining the regulations under which the Company operates.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete daily quality checks and documentation on the production lines and processes throughout shift
- Collect and document microbiological and retention samples of products Work closely with leadership during production and shut down periods
- Verify the effectiveness of cleaning and sanitation through organoleptic inspection and with ATP swabbing
- Be the example of GMP compliance and coach fellow team members on GMP compliance
- Complete internal audits for GMPs and other food safety prerequisite programs
- Provide paperwork and print labels for production as needed
- Collect environmental swab and new equipment swab samples Follow all safety policies and programs
- Work with team members on proactively improving the company’ quality assurance programs
- Adhere to all facility policies concerning safety, security, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED 2 to 3 years of experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment preferred
- Quality experience required
- Other Qualifications:
- Fluent in Spanish preferred, but not a requirement
- Must be capable of writing detailed reports, providing general day-to-day oversight, and related correspondences
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; self-motivated and highly organized
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, step, balance, crouch, stoop, kneel, squat, bend, must be able to lift minimal 50 lbs. consistently, reach above shoulders, or as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks.
- Position located in a mix of production and office environments and requires a tolerance for consistent cold work environments (-10-40˚ F), high worker traffic, loud noises, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures.
- This position will visit the production floor, refrigerated and frozen storage, and warehouses.
- Work flexible shifts as required.
- Understand that overtime and occasional weekends and/or worked holidays will be required based on company needs.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
For all U.S. based roles: Applicants must be authorized to work for a U.S. employer. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship at this time.