Assistant Brand Manager
Marketing & Communications
El Segundo, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
We are looking for a creative-minded, analytical and strategic Assistant Brand Manager who can contribute to the category-defining work we do in the pursuit of feeding a better future. In this role, you’ll help build the annual plan in alignment with overall priorities and global brand guidelines, including working on our new product introductions and the creation and execution of brand campaigns that introduce Beyond Meat to new audiences and inspire action. As a key member of the US brand marketing and cross-functional team, you’ll help conceptualize an idea from the ground up and support core marketing functions. A successful candidate must have a passion for our mission, know our consumer, and have recent experience building and developing brands.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES - Consumer Obsession
- Identify consumer motivation, barriers to trial and behavioral themes to develop scalable and effective programming to grow our user base and increase consumption.
- Lead primary and secondary research - both qualitative and quantitative - to better understand our consumer and business opportunities.
- Frame-up research and analytics into actionable insights for strategic business planning, cross-functional teams and senior leadership presentations.
- Accountable for having a deep understanding of the category and brand’s consumer, creating engaging brand experiences and delivering best in class execution.
- Helps lead the development of the annual marketing plan that address business challenges/opportunities, strengthen points of differentiation and drive full funnel conversion.
- Develops scalable marketing programs plus turn-key tools that can be leveraged nationally and with retailers, elevating the Beyond brand while driving efficiencies.
- Creates sell-in materials and toolkits for the cross-functional marketing team, sales organization and distributor partners
- Collaborates with cross-functional marketing teams to ideate, produce, and execute on compelling brand touchpoints (e.g. website), assets (e.g. packaging, advertising collateral) and initiatives (e.g. brand campaigns) that deliver on priorities while maintaining brand integrity.
- Liaises between the creative team and key stakeholders on design projects including but not limited to HR, Sales, and PR.
- Collaborates with Ambassador, Influencer and Field teams to deliver a clear, consistent and memorable brand experience from event set-up to product seeding.
- Supports the PR team to deliver earned media coverage by ideating on inventive activations, delivering differentiating brand assets, and driving plans that amplify big wins.
- Ensure Beyond branding (e.g., logo, brand names, etc.) is strategically integrated into partner’s marketing and messaging. Ensure alignment between both internal and external groups (not limited to markets, shopper, and foodservice) and Beyond brand standards.
- Support the marketing team and cross-functional development team on portfolio innovation and renovation projects including preparing briefs, conducting competitive analysis, uncovering relevant consumer insights and working closely with the innovation value stream leads on project execution.
- Assists with packaging design solutions to address product and/or business needs; provides category and consumer insights to help inform design development.
- Helps lead the development of product launch campaigns that introduce new retail and restaurant innovation. Responsible for staying on strategy, creative development, budgets, and tracking KPIs while identifying and applying key learnings.
- Lead category, consumer and competitive trend analysis.
- Analyze past programs across all marketing metrics and make recommendations for immediate and long-term action plans and programs based on key learnings.
QUALIFICATIONS-Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- BA or BS required; MBA preferred
- 2+ years related work experience in a related field
- 1+ years of experience in a professional role managing a budget
- Experience in a role supporting marketing, brand management or product management and leading the development of new/existing products or strategies from conception to implementation
- Motivated by an ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and demonstrated ability to adapt to change quickly by being forward thinking and role modeling for others to follow.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude.
- Highly effective communicator who can align multiple priorities and personalities towards a common goal.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to include leveraging syndicated and custom insights and business metrics.
- Strong ability to build relationships and to collaborate with all levels of individuals internal and external to the organization.
- Consistent record of driving creative development.
- Proficient skills using Google and MS Office suite (particularly Sheets/Excel, Docs/Word, and Slides/PowerPoint), Project Management Software (e.g., Smartsheet or comparable applications)
- Commitment to Company’s values.
- Expected to be in the office five (5) days per week at our El Segundo, CA HQ.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
For all U.S. based roles: Applicants must be authorized to work for a U.S. employer. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship at this time.