Director, Demand Generation
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
In this first of its kind role at Beyond Meat, you will oversee all aspects of demand generation for the Beyond Meat brand in the North American Foodservice channel. The Director, Demand Generation is responsible for creating the overall strategy for performance marketing initiatives at Beyond Meat. As Director, Demand Generation you will be responsible for developing a best in class demand generation strategy while leading the execution of marketing programs that capture and nurture marketing leads across multiple channels. These programs will include outreach to our existing database of prospective accounts via marketing automation; lead generation through events and search engine marketing; and optimizing the use of our own web site as a lead generation/capture channel.
The ideal candidate will be extremely entrepreneurial, with a strong track record of driving leads and revenue for SaaS companies. This person will need to be able to apply the principles of SaaS B2B marketing into a new CPG Foodservice context. This position reports directly to the CMO, and requires extensive collaboration with the foodservice sales department as well as the consumer marketing department.
The Director, Demand Generation can be based Remotely or at the Beyond Meat Headquarters in El Segundo, California. In addition, they will have two direct reports: a Trade Event Marketing Manager and a Product Marketing Manager.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute a demand generation strategy aimed at driving new leads and nurture our existing database of leads for the Beyond Meat Foodservice business
- Manage and build the demand generation function at Beyond Meat
- Lead the implementation of a lead qualification and management system within Beyond Meat driving close collaboration between the marketing and sales functions in an effort to reduce the sales cycle for high value leads and increase pipeline
- Implement operational processes and reporting related to demand generation programs to measure effectiveness, performance and ROI of marketing spend
- Implement a marketing automation system to better nurture leads, increase conversion rates to marketing qualified leads and improve the integrity of the overall database
- Develop integrated paid and organic programs that significantly increase the marketing database and overall pipeline (e.g., Google PPC, content marketing, case studies, webinars, events)
- Work with the content marketing and sales teams to develop (write, drive review process, publish) and promote marketing materials to drive awareness and interest
- Analyze campaign outcomes in detail, drawing insights and presenting results clearly to facilitate sound decision making and next steps
- Leverage trade event marketing to drive awareness and consideration of Beyond Meat’s Foodservice capabilities with prospective customers
- Accountable for developing talent through on-going performance feedback and career management coaching
- Conduct quarterly and yearly performance reviews of direct reports
- Mentor and develop team members, create succession plan, and identify/recruit key talent
- Set annual and quarterly department level KPIs
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience
- 10+ years of experience in demand generation within B2B SaaS organizations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- Adept at developing, executing, and measuring innovative and results-focused demand programs and campaigns
- Demonstrate analytical ability, specifically around program measurement and program execution skills
- Experience leading effective teams
- Proven experience in managing the creation of marketing materials
- Experience influencing and communicating product offers to customers, prospects, and sales professionals as demonstrated by excellent written (including copywriting and proofreading) and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with popular marketing automation and sales automation systems, particularly Marketo and Salesforce.com
- Creative problem-solver and strategic thinker who brings passion, enthusiasm, and fresh ideas
- Proven experience leveraging celebrity/influencer backed businesses to drive outcomes Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks in a timely manner, with minimal supervision
- Experience in developing integrated plans across a range of media
- Strong planning, project management, analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Fluency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as Google Docs required
- Strong project management skills and experience with superb attention to detail
- Team player and flexible
- Remote location OR
- Onsite office environment at Headquarters in El Segundo, CA 5 days a week
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
For all U.S. based roles: Applicants must be authorized to work for a U.S. employer. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship at this time.