Creative Services Project/Production Manager
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2023
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Beyond Meat is seeking a Creative Services – Project/Production Manager to support the dynamic and agile Beyond Marketing Team in EMEA. We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and detailed-oriented individual with creative marketing or creative project management experience with an understanding of creative production. This position interfaces with cross-functional internal teams and external partner vendors to ensure timely execution of all creative projects with a focus in packaging.
This is a hybrid role of creative project management and creative production. The technical understanding of print packaging practices and procedures are a must have to be successful in this position. The Creative Services – Project/Production Manager will report to the Senior Innovation Product Manager with a dotted line to the Global Senior Design Director located in the U.S.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
● Responsible for all aspect of the creative workflow and (packaging) production process
● Track projects through all phases from requests through approvals and distribution of final assets to ensure the accuracy and timely execution of projects
● Traffic projects for optimal efficiencies
● Proofread and review creative work for content accuracy
● Management of asset portal
● Communicates critical information to relevant parties in a timely manner
● Ability to manage complex and multiple priorities at one time
● Reviews incoming briefs and visual requests, schedules project kickoff meetings
● Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop best-in-class creative briefs to execute impactful artwork and related assets.
● Function as key contact, both internally and externally, for creative packaging projects.
● Address packaging, design, and brand questions by communicating with project leads.
● Ability to interpret brand needs and communicate them back to the internal and external creative teams
● Partners cross-functionally with other departments (QA, Regulatory, Production, Sales, etc) to move projects forward
● Build and maintain strong, positive working relationships within the team, promoting efficient and accurate working practices.
● Establish and nurture relationships of trust with stakeholders, suppliers, and partners by providing support and advice where appropriate.
● Ability to be efficiently strategic and provide practical guidance to team members across various channels, including print, packaging and digital.
● Provide valuable insights and recommendations to achieve business goals and objectives.
● Be in a consumer mindset while putting the business first.
● Have basic understanding of packaging production files - eps, ai, psd, pdfs file formats
● Interact with creative internal and external production teams, to create efficiencies and deliver on business priorities
Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
● 5 plus years of experience as a Creative Project Manager or similar role
● Strong knowledge of project management methods - waterfall, agile, scrum
● Familiarity with print production guidelines and food packaging regulations
● Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
● Strong project management platform knowledge [ex: Wrike, Asana, Monday, etc.]
● Intermediate understanding of Google Drive Suite and Microsoft Office applications
● Strong project management skills, secure deadlines and on time delivery of responsible projects.
● Astute attention to detail leaving no stone unturned in delivering excellence.
● Independent thinker and leader. Resourceful, requiring minimal guidance.
● Knowledge of artwork, reprographics & print industry, particularly within branded packaging
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – clear and effective communication is key to our success. Advanced English required, and if you're Dutch/ German-speaking, that's a plus!
● Positive can do attitude
● Excellent communicator
● Diplomatic and persuasive
● Approachable and trustworthy
● Strong, determined and flexible
● Strong ability to forecast against projects needs
● Quick thinker; graceful under pressure
● Strong problem solver, drives out-of-the box thinking when appropriate
● Knowledgeable, reliable, trusted leader
● Comfortable communicating with senior level executives
● Able to work in a fast paced environment
● Ability to interface effectively with people at all levels and functions
● Detail - oriented and strong analytical skills
● Strong solution-based perspectives
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
For all U.S. based roles: Applicants must be authorized to work for a U.S. employer. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship at this time.