Quality Assurance Shipping and Receiving Technician
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with management on proactively improving quality assurance programs
- Ensure all food safety guidelines are being met throughout the manufacturing facility
- Maintain monitoring, verification, and validation activities and ensure that all products leaving the facility meet quality and food safety standards
- Establish and implement processes and procedures for identifying, collecting, updating, and distributing controlled documents for the site
- Coordinate and review of pre-shipment documents, shipping samples, and other sample requests
- Perform incoming and outgoing shipment inspections, including product, packaging, labels, and trailer inspections and documentation
- Maintain quality documentation for incoming ingredients, including but not limited to, COA reviews Monitor and update ingredient expiration as necessary, ensuring a FIFO system is maintained
- Organize and maintain ingredient and product holds
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as with any regulatory (federal, state, and local) requirements
- Collect pre-shipment samples and send out for testing
- Travel to and from affiliated company buildings
- Prepare and communicate incident reports to leadership pertaining to quality of products and/or ingredients
- Follow and enforce policies pertaining to all allergen sampling and segregation
- Assist Quality team with other tasks, including record management and support
- Adhere to all facility policies concerning safety, security, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follow through on requests in a timely manner
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED2 to 3 years’ experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment
- Experience as a QA Technician preferred
- Working knowledge of GMP, 5S, and SQF standards required
- Ability to effectively present information to groups and respond to questions from peers, supervisors, and managers is essential
- PCQI, HACCP knowledge preferred
- Strong PC skills; proficient in Microsoft office programs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities within Quality Assurance, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be self-motivated and have strong attention to detail skills
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, step, balance, crouch, stoop, kneel, squat, bend, must be able to lift minimal 50 lbs. consistently, reach above shoulders, or as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks.
- Position located in a mix of production and office environments and requires a tolerance for consistent cold work environments (-10-40˚ F), high worker traffic, loud noises, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures.
- This position will require visiting the production floor, refrigerated and frozen storage, and warehouses.
- Work flexible shifts as required.
- Understand that overtime and occasional weekends and/or worked holidays will be required based on company needs.