Regional Sales Manager - PacWest
- Sales & Business Acumen: Achieves assigned net revenue, volume, distribution, and share goals within established budget. Develops region business plan and prioritization to deliver Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Broker Management: Leads and influences the broker as an extension of their sales team. Ability to adapt national broker priorities into clearly communicated regional plans supported by the right tools, and consistent training that equips the broker to win.
- Distributor Leadership: Directly owns the relationship of top strategic broadline distributors at each level of the organization to drive mutual growth. Works alongside key distributor leaders and stakeholders to develop joint category plans with quarterly execution initiatives. Develops sales programs and new product introductions for distributor reps and executes distributor events with brokers (food shows, sales meetings, etc.) that ensure new business and category leadership. Pursues new distributor partnerships to ensure seamless product availability in white space.
- New Business Development: Ability to quickly develop new relationships with large regional chain partners, large leverage operators, and Non-Commercial operators. Has regional wiring relationships with Food Management Companies (Compass, Aramark, Sodexo) and GPO’s (I.e.. Premier) to accelerate new distribution. Develops segment priorities informed by business mix and share data within the region to grow white space.
- Coach and mentor team members. Complete OKRs, Quarterly Connects and Annual Performance Appraisals.
- Minimum 5-7 years of proven CPG Foodservice sales, distributor, and regional key account management experience with branded value-added products.
- 3+ years of sales agency (broker) management experience with proven ability to drive results through influence.
- Strong business and financial acumen with trade budget management experience.
- Exceptional strategic sales and negotiation skills.
- Solid interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact, motivate, and engage effectively with internal as well as external contacts.
- High integrity and commitment to team.
- Results-oriented self-starter with a bias to action.
- Fluent in Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, and trade management systems.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent military experience required.
- Must excel in multi-tasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced organization.
- Self-starter that works well independently and on a team.
- Up to 70% travel via driving air travel, and overnight stays.
- Ability to work out of a home office located within assigned region and within 50 miles of a major airport.
- Develops insights-based, category growth opportunities to create scalable initiatives to drive vertical and horizontal distribution, volume and execution in the On Premise.
- Candidate must live within the western part of the US; high preference for LA, San Francisco or San Diego Markets