Operations Director EMEA
- Manage & develop end to end supply chain to deliver required volumes and quality, OTIF, to support sales against targeted COGS across internal and external manufacturing.
- Sets strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity.
- Provides a supply chain strategy, guidance and project monitoring for Beyond Meat EMEA and ensures that the Beyond Meat EMEA Supply Chain operates internally and with its customers and partners in the most valuable way for the business through a solid Sales & Operations Process (S&OP).
- Management of and responsibility for external manufacturing partners, including sourcing new co-mans if necessary. Maintain close and effective co-operation and service levels.
- Lead Operations MT.
- Ultimate responsibility for H&S, CI, & sustainability performance and development.
- Connect, cooperate and align with the other EMEA functions in order to continuously improve and professionalize internal ways of working with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ensures EMEA facilities and operations are in compliance with all local, county and national permits and requirements for operating a manufacturing facility.
- The Operation Director will collaborate with Sales, Marketing, R&D, Quality, Finance, HR and US counterparts to ensure operations are meeting strategic objectives of Beyond Meat.
Experience & Qualifications
- Min Bachelor’s degree and preferably MBA
- 10+ years Senior Operations leadership role
- Knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, supply chain (procurement – planning – logistics), engineering, production, safety, co-manufacturing and employee management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures, processes and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in a management team with different nationalities is a plus; experience in a listed company is desirable
- Food/beverage experience is strongly preferred, with plant-based experience a plus
- Understanding of industrial and employee relations in both EU and US settings
- Language requirements: English, German and Dutch. Additional languages is a plus (e.g., French or Spanish)
- Experience with Operations and CAPEX budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Exceptional negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software
- Location: Flexible within Netherlands, preference in the center of the country. Average of 1-2 days/week in Amsterdam, 1-2 days/week in Enschede.
- This job requires 30-40% travel; must be in the possession of own car.
- Full time 40 hours per week.
- This role reports to the SVP Operations.