Logistics Specialist - 2nd Shift
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to send, accept and record the movement of supplies, materials, equipment, and stock materials to and/or from an establishment Loading and unloading inventory from trailers
- Transporting materials to different locations within and outside the facility
- Optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency
- Help manage inventory by utilizing RF scanning equipment
- Place all material in assigned racks neatly, while verifying quantity and pallet integrity
- Retrieve material out of the racks and place it on the floor for the production process Verify the accuracy of quantity and quality of items being stored, spot-checks
- Inventory cycle counting
- Track product being moved by consolidating and relocating inventory according to product description and production usage
- Identify and keep track of material’s expiration date Pick material needed for production in advance
- Operate all machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Must display constant awareness of potential hazards
- Collaborate with internal departments to locate any missing packages, correct any necessary deliveries, and replace any damaged product
- Restack pallets when necessary
- Checking for damaged goods
- Responsible for daily housekeeping and keeping debris from floor in both warehouse and freezer locations
- Keep all material handling equipment in the best condition by conducting regular maintenance checks
- Follow all company policies and procedures, safety procedures, food safety guidelines, and Good Manufacturing Practices beyond regulatory needs
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years warehousing experience
- Previous work experience in freezer preferred, not required
- Forklift and electric pallet jack certification
- Data entry, math, computer skills, and working with inventory counts
- Effective leadership and team management skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of attendance and reliability
- Able to follow multi-step directions
- Able to identify workplace safety hazards
- Familiar RF scanning equipment.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment as the company grows
- Proficiency operating Forklifts, Standup Lifts, Scissors lifts, Reach Trucks
- Valid Driver's License required
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, step, balance, crouch, stoop, kneel, squat, bend, consistently lifting up to 50 lbs., reach above shoulders, or as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks.
- Need to be comfortable working at various heights.
- Position located in a mix of production and warehouse environments and requires a tolerance for consistent cold work environments (-10-40˚ F), high worker traffic, loud noises, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures.
- This position will be required to visit the production floor, refrigerated and frozen storage, shipping dock, and outside storage warehouses.
- Work flexible shifts as required.
- Understand that overtime and occasional weekends and/or worked holidays will be required based on company needs.