External Manufacturing Manager
- Cooperates with and manages external manufacturing plants to deliver required production and quality to meet sales needs, OTIF, to targeted COGS.
- Act as primary contact for Co-Manufacturing partners.
- Sets goals and manage KPIs for the external manufacturing plants to improve operational efficiency and increased productivity
- Conducts regular performance reviews and follow-up action plans. Drives implementation of plan with Co-mans.
- Works with Co-mans, R&D, QA etc on projects to drive COGS/Quality improvements.
- Facilitate Co-mans to maintain a culture of employee engagement, continuous improvement and empowerment.
- Connect, cooperate and align with other EMEA functions (mainly Sales, Quality, R&D and the support functions Finance and HR; if needed: Marketing) in order to continuously improve and professionalize internal ways of working with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Works with production management, R&D & QA of the external manufacturing plants to:
- Set up optimal process specifications and settings
- Liaises with Supply Chain in the timely planning, ordering and supply of necessary raw materials
- Works with Co-mans, Engineering, Quality & R&D to resolves issues related to the production, machinery, processing and/or packaging operations Liaises with Supply Chain (internal &external) to ensure optimal production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Provide visibility of capacity available v demand
- Work with Operations Management Team to provide long term capacity planning.
- Where necessary, develop new partnerships and capacity to support product launches and growth
- Support company goals through co-operation with external manufacturing and US in execution of projects and trials as required.
Experience & Qualifications
- Min. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (f.e. food technology)
- 7+ years production management role
- Experience of Co-manufacturing
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing
- Working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Excellent influencing skills and strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Food/beverage experience is strongly preferred, with plant-based experience a plus
- Language requirements: Dutch, English and German at native and/or business fluency level.
- Experience with financial budget and (business) operational plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software
- Location: Flexible within the Netherlands. Must be able to visit Zoeterwoude (NL), Amsterdam (NL), Den Haag (NL), Ochten (NL), Enschede (NL) and Osnabrűck/Műnster (Germany) on a frequent basis. Average of 3 days/week at co-man sites.
- This job requires 50%-60% travel. Must be willing to travel on short notice. Must be in the possession of own car.
- This position requires about 70% desk duties and 30% production floor duties.Heavy computer use, emails, and phone calls.
- Standard hours are (between) 6:30 am – 6:30 pm, Full time 40 hours, Monday – Friday is required.