TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Familiarity with kitchen or food lab equipment such as a mixer, measuring equipment, flat top griddle, deep fryer, scale, ovens, etc.
- Assist in preparing and cooking food samples according to procedures and instructions provided
- Measure, weigh and mix specific test ingredients in a very precise and careful manner
- Wash equipment, dishes, measuring devices, and other lab tools
- Keep prep space clean and tidy. Maintain ingredient inventories. Put items away in designated storage areas.
- Follow and maintain all sanitation, health, safety and quality policies and procedures and report any deficiencies
- Regularly communicate with supervisor/teammates in either written and/or verbal format
- Perform other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some experience in a kitchen setting preferred
- Flexible in a fast paced environment
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, climb, kneel, bend, and occasionally lift up to 25 lbs. or 50 lbs.
- Position located in a mix of laboratory, Pilot Lab, kitchen, and office environments, and requires a tolerance for high worker traffic, close quarters, noise, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures and lighting
- This position may be required to work in the Pilot Plant, on the production floor, in the refrigerated and frozen storage, and/or warehouses