Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and supervise multiple production and/or batching lines, 30+ hourly operators, and production issues in support of a rapid expansion plan
- Drive efficiency by monitoring steps of the process; setting process variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process; initiating and promoting cooperation within and between departments.
- Mitigate constraints to maximize OEE, fulfilling preventative and predictive maintenance programs, root cause analysis, and driving corrective actions
- Embraces and effectively coaches others on the importance of change and understands the positive role it plays in achieving business goals
- Creates production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results.
- Drive and maintain production standards for efficiency, continuous improvement, safety, and quality.
- Supervise and motivate the production team while being proactive in providing feedback opportunities for team members and requesting feedback on leadership
- Responsible for managing and developing Production Leads
- Responsible for daily communication to upper management and calling out risks to achieving KPIs
- Responsible for developing a labor utilization plan
- Oversee sanitation program and related procedures for pre-production, production, and shutdown periods
- Monitor day-to-day manufacturing for SOP execution, assisting the operation with any required support
- Identify production training needs and coordinate with leadership to implement training goals and requirements
- Review production team performance
- Assist in creating and maintaining a safety-first culture
- Responsible for timekeeping, PTO and leave requests, and attendance tracking activities as related to the hourly employees on shift
- Adhere to all facility policies concerning safety, security, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
- Lead, manage, and supervise production employees, delegate training for all processes within the production area setting.
- Provide mentorship and training to functional team members.
- Accountable for developing talent through on-going performance feedback and career management coaching.
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or Engineering (Process, Mechanical, or Industrial) or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years proven experience as a Production Supervisor or similar role
- 2-5 years experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment preferred
- Workforce Management, Diverse Workforce
- Knowledge of Food Safety, GMP, and SOPs
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus, not a requirement
- Leadership skills, focused on results, employees’ engagement, development, decision making, teamwork and change management
- The employee must have the ability to quantitatively review technical procedures and representative regulations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong PC skills includes MS office programs
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, step, balance, crouch, stoop, kneel, squat, bend, occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs., reach above shoulders, or as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks.
- Position located in a mix of production and office environments and requires a tolerance for consistent cold work environments (-10-40˚ F), high worker traffic, loud noises, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures.
- This position will be required to visit the production floor, refrigerated and frozen storage, and warehouses.
- Work flexible shifts as required.
- Understand that overtime and occasional weekends and/or worked holidays will be required based on company needs.