Electrical and Controls Technician
Devault, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2022
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Beyond Meat is focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and the employee experience. The Engineering Team is a matrix organization within Beyond Meat that is dedicated to creating food products that are leading the gold standard in plant-based proteins. They are looking for an outstanding individual to join the team located in Devault, PA as an Electrical and Controls Technician.
The Electrical and Controls Technician will work within the Engineering and Maintenance departments to support the electrical and controls projects and activities. This role will also be flexible in serving an as needed role for maintenance activities. These include general mechanical and electrical maintenance and upkeep of the equipment and building. Other tasks include working with production to increase efficiencies and reduce downtime, providing preventative maintenance and assist with completing work orders.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist engineering in design and installation of new equipment (wiring, I/O Checkout, and Commissioning) and process improvements to existing (major and minor changes to HMIs and PLC ladder logic).
- Ability to work a flex role in supporting maintenance department activities.
- Reading and understanding electrical prints including one-line diagrams to troubleshoot plant PLC equipment, electrical control, and power wiring. Resolves problems through ladder logic changes; troubleshoots plant HMIs and resolves problems through programming changes as well as wiring changes.
- Sources, installs, and calibrates instrumentation to support plant operations.
- Coordinates and oversees outside contractors to support capital projects as necessary.
- Works with AutoCAD and other computer programs to update documentation and electrical prints.
- Conducts training for maintenance personnel and equipment operators.
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- Formal certification in Electrical trade through accredited trade school or college and a minimum of 3 years of experience of wiring, troubleshooting and development of controls systems.
- Must be a self-starter and can handle multiple tasks and requests.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly to multiple levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to work some weekends for project work and field emergency phone calls.
- Other qualifications:
- Ability to effectively use an array of electrical test equipment (Digital MultiMeters, Insulation Testers, Thermocouple Calibrators, etc.)
- Ability to work within the following software:
- FactoryTalk View ME
- Studio 5000
- RSlogix 500
- Microsoft Suite (Excel and Word)
- General Knowledge of Ethernet/IP protocol
- Knowledge requested but not required:
- Visual Basic
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, step, balance, crouch, stoop, kneel, squat, bend, must be able to lift minimal 50 lbs. consistently, reach above shoulders, or as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks.
- Position located in a mix of production and office environments and requires a tolerance for consistent cold work environments (-10-40˚ F), high worker traffic, loud noises, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures.
- This position will be required to visit the production floor, refrigerated and frozen storage, and warehouses.
- Work flexible shifts as required.
- Understand that overtime and occasional weekends and/or worked holidays will be required based on company needs.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
For all U.S. based roles: Applicants must be authorized to work for a U.S. employer. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship at this time.