Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
At Anagenex, we combine machine learning with massively parallel biochemical tools such as DNA Encoded Libraries (DELs) and Affinity Selected Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) to analyze more compounds more efficiently than ever before. By working with large datasets throughout our search process and letting our machine learning model guide our experiments, we are able to find molecules for the hardest problems in drug discovery, bringing first in class and best in class treatments to patients.
As a fully integrated team of experts in biology, chemistry and machine learning, we work as one to find new medicines. Collaborating across these divergent disciplines gives team members exposure and understanding into differing approaches for solving complex challenges. Autonomy and trust ground our flexible working environment, enabling us to succeed against a broad range of targets in drug discovery.
Introducing: Executive Assistant
We are seeking an exceptionally organized and proactive Executive Assistant to support our CEO and executive team in our collective pursuit of small molecule drug discovery. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant will handle a broad array of administrative and operational responsibilities to drive key initiatives across the company. This role requires you to maximize the ROI of where the CEO devotes their time and serve as their ambassador in both internal and external interactions. You will have a myriad of opportunities to learn about Biotech, its impact on the world, and grow your expertise across the entirety of business operations within Anagenex.
- Optimization of the executive team’s time through calendar management, project coordination, and planning processes
- Communication and coordination with investors and the Board of Directors
- Standardization of internal documentation and processes to ensure fundraising efforts are successful
- Drafting documents, preparing the CEO for meetings, and handling follow ups with key external stakeholders
- Key operational functions including internal and external company communications
- Internal initiatives such as our bi-annual onsite, company-wide meetings, and leadership offsites
- Strategic support, management of special projects, and research
Skills & expertise you have
- 2+ years of experience in operations, administrative, or business development roles
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong critical listening and thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and an exceptional collaborator when working as part of a team
- Resourceful problem solver that addresses challenges hands-on
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Get to know the structure of the company, the leadership team, and the operational cadence
- Become familiar with the CEO’s calendar and proactively optimize their time spent with internal and external stakeholders
- Circulate documents for signature and organize internal documentation structure and procedures
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Execute board meeting coordination and preparation
- Track investor communication and progress on fundraising efforts
- Book travel and accommodation for executive team when needed
- Conduct ad-hoc research and share findings with the CEO, executive, and operations teams
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Assist in the planning and execution of the company’s biannual onsite
- Be the first person people reach out to when they need to coordinate with the CEO
- Share suggestions on operational improvements for the organization and take part in the implementation of those suggestions
Within 12 months, you’ll…
- Understand the procedures and nuances of the fundraising process at biotech startups
- Assist in prioritization and follow-up for the CEO’s direct initiatives
- Highlight one long-term project or function you can contribute to independently or in partnership with another team member
Anagenex's benefits and perks:
- Healthcare/Dental/Vision insurance plans, with premiums 100% covered for employees and 50% covered for dependents.
- FSA and HSA programs.
- 401k program.
- Equity compensation.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Annual professional development budget for all employees.
We are currently a distributed company with physical locations in San Francisco and Boston. We support remote work, but strongly prefer a continental US timezone.
We prioritize the health and safety of our employees, and require all employees to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work onsite. If hired, candidates must present proof of vaccination on a confidential basis prior to their scheduled start date confirming that they have completed the COVID-19 vaccination process, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Anagenex is an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and equitable workplace. We recognize diversity is a strength and value the differing voices, backgrounds, and perspectives on our team. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Anagenex is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.